Friday 3 October 2008

NOTD - Zoya "Juicy"

I caved in to my urge to get Zoya "Juicy" even though I had decided not to after Scrangie's review. I just had to have it. The colour I eventually got was a super-shiny jelly magenta. The photo doesn't do it justice.


But be warned, "Juicy" is a royal PITA to apply. I had to use 5 coats to get it to an acceptable opaque finish, and even then in the photo you can still see the nail in places because it drags away the previous layer of colour if you're not careful! I finished with a thick layer of Seche Vite. I am currently using Sally Hansen Miracle Cure as a base coat (more on that later on in the week), but I am not sure this is the cause of the application problems.

Appplication issues and all, I am glad I bought it. With a bit of preserverence, the end result is awesome! I also bought Zoya's "Irene" and "Kotori" but I have yet to try these on so I don't know if their application is any better.

No comments: