Sunday 8 May 2011

NOTD: China Glaze "Grape Juice"


I once again braved the "Grape Juice" - this time over one coat of the lovely creme GOSH "Wild Lilac", and eureka, the polish finally works! This is one coat "Wild Lilac" and one coat "Grape Juice" with FastForward top coat. It's so hard to capture the insane shimmer of the glass flecks, they truly have to be seen in real life or you will never appreciate the sparkle! This captures the base colour of "Grape Juice" well, however.

Other than tending to my garden I was out collecting spiders at Foveran Links sand dunes yesterday, where I saw these Cuckoo Bumblebees (this is Bombus bohemicus) foraging on flowers. These are 'pretend' bumblebees who, like a Cuckoo bird, sneaks into the nest of 'proper' bumblebees and live off their resources. Bombus bohemicus usually parasities Bombus lucorum, commonly known as the White-tailed Bumblebee. They're still cute though :)

I am off to cuddle the kitten before he comes into the room and demands to climb on the clothes airer to get my attention...

1 comment:

Recalcitrant Nails said...

Lovely mani and great flowers. I really do like Grape Juice and I like the layering you did.