Tuesday 24 January 2012

NOTD and Reviews

I felt like something purple today! First brown, now purple, maybe green at the end of the week? I am reminded of one of my favorite books when I was little - "Aunt Green, Aunt Brown and Aunt Lavender". I cannot really remember the story; I think that I was mostly drawn to the colourful illustrations of Elsa Beskow's books :)

Anyway this is Mavala "Purple Sensation". This is 3 coats, it was kind of "stealth-sheer", I had some see-through patches after 2 coats so I decided on 3 coats. As usual, I finished with a slick of MegaShine so I could get dry quick! Busy busy! :) It's a very nice deep, jewelled purple, reminds me of China Glaze "Coconut Kiss", but darker.

Before I go I also have to rave about some more Soap & Glory products! I got "Peaches n' Clean" cleansing milk for my birthday from my work colleagues and I must say having used it for a week now my skin is so happy! It's a cleansing milk you rinse off with water. It smells lovely and doesn't feel very greasy after washing it off. It melts off my makeup easily, although I still prefer to use makeup remover cloths for my eye makeup (I am addicted to the Boots No 7 ones, I'm afraid!). I will definitely be buying this again!

I also have a new favourite moisturiser - Soap & Glory "The Daily Youth". It's quite light so it does perfectly under makeup, but it's not rich enough for night time for me though, I still rely on Simple "Regeneration Age Resisting Night Cream" for night time nourishment. It doesn't contain any silicones (which breaks me out) and it's really hard to find nice moisture lotions without silicones. Well done, Soap & Glory :)

No comments: