Friday 17 February 2012

REVIEW: Garnier Nutrisse "8.0 Vanilla Blonde"

My number one most popular post is the one about my home hair colour disaster! The world LOOOOVES to hate home hair colour. Well, I guess I should too because since that day 3 years ago, I have been colouring my hair - at home. I am not at which stage last summer I decided that it would be a good idea to go even blonder than I am naturally... I don't know what I was thinking. The white-blonde happiness was brief. I then spent a long time trying to cover roots. Anyway. I decided it was time to go back to my honey blonde 'roots'. But I decided I needed a darker honey blonde, as I think I am going darker as I age (shock! horror!). So I decided on Garnier Nutrisse Creme in the shade "8.0 Vanilla Blonde". It is a golden medium blonde shade.

So a little review on how the application is. It's your standard 'squeeze-the-tube-in-the-bottle' hair colourant. It's easy to mix in the bottle and because it's very gooey it sticks to your hair and doesn't drip. The first whiffs of this stuff isn't too offensive but whoa - once it kind of gets going it is very strong. I had to open the bathroom window as I thought I was going to choke to death.


25 minutes later and rinsing time. You lather it up and rinse it out. My hair didn't have that steel-wool feel. It felt soft. And that was even before the deep conditioner! After the conditioner, it was super-soft. I waited for it to dry - and I like it :) My hair is just that shade darker honey blonde that I was hoping for. I tried to photograph before and after of the same bit of my hair but it didn't come out very well but lets just say my result is very close to the box!

Before
After
 Me loving it. Hopefully this means I won't have to hit the peroxide every 4 weeks like clockwork.... :)

No comments: