Sunday 25 May 2014

NOTD: Hot n' Tropical


Occasionally I get inspired and come up with cool nail art ideas, today was kind of one of those occasions. However it's not come out as abstract as it was when I first painted it on; the glitter has hidden the squiggly lines too much! I named it Hot n' Tropical because it is - it's summery brights with a slick of gold running through it. Like a pina colada on a tropical golden beach at sundown...

I used TopShop "Summit" for the vintage yellow, Collection Hot Looks "Swizzles" for the fuchsia and then a band of OPI "Goldeneye" and Sephora "Gold Fever".

I love layering intense fine glitters with these chunky glitters, you can definitely achieve a nice glitter gradient!

AND... VampyVarnish has some awesome swatches of the OPI Coca Cola polishes here. I cannot wait to get my hands on "Green on the runway" and "Orange You Fantastic" seems pretty unique too!

I've not been doing my nails much lately because I've been busy in the garden... I finally have a nice big raised bed and it's now almost fully seeded!!


No comments: