Sunday 1 February 2015

VINTAGE VALENTINE'S - Rimmel 60sec "Arresting"

I love my old vintage polishes - stories attached to them are usually great too :) So during February I will be showcasing some vintage polishes with their associated stories along with fellow nail-tastic lady Cali at Polishtopia! We agreed anything older than 5 years was 'vintage' in nail polish terms, but most of mine will be a lot older than that and some VHTF.

So please stop by every 2nd day starting the 1st February for a new vintage polish fix, perhaps you will have stories to share about that polish too?? :)



My first one is the one I love the most. I am not sure when this was originally brought out but it would likely have been 2002-3 or so? This baby has always been my favourite green. I wore it a lot, and always got nice comments on how vibrant it was. Then, in a tragic accident whilst travelling back home to Sweden for Xmas one year, it broke in my washbag before I could even leave the house!!

Yes I still use the washbag of Doom...
I was so heart-broken. Finally six or so years later I managed to find it on eBay! There was only one bottle available or I would have bought more... I have also made this polish into a nail polish ring to preserve it for future generations. As if the stains in my washbag wasn't enough to remind me...



This is 2 coats with Seche Vite. As you probably gather from the dented nails, the formula is a bit tricky and might actually need to be thinned but I haven't had the heart to do that yet. Seeing it on my nails I still love this li'l guy so much :)

Also check out Polishtopia's post today on Sally Hansen New Lengths - Espresso Frost!

HAPPY FACTOR:
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ++

1 comment:

Cali369 said...

Fabulous! Such a shame about the breakage but that ring is gorgeous...