Thursday 18 February 2016

NOTD: Ciate "Rain Check"



This polish came free with the March InStyle UK magazine; they had some rather dull-looking nudes/pinks as well but it was this dark purple-blue that caught my eye. You should still be able to get the March issue in the shops probably until next week.

As you may know I am not a massive fan of the 'nearly black' look. It kind of annoys me. But this seemed less black in the bottle than it actually is on the nail? Unfortunately for me it's starting to bug me with it's nearly blackness now, so I think this may disappear into the Helmer drawers never to see the light of day again. Which reminds me, must do a blog sale.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent polish I just don't care much for the colour now. I did 2 coats here with top coat. Fairly standard creme formula, good coverag. I did manage to flood my cuticle at one point but I think that may have been due to watching TV whilst I should have been concentrating... Seems to have worn well through the day at the office with typing and some filing.

I love a high-end freebie - especially since you can then catch up on all the latest fashion as well for the same price. Whilst reading all about the new season fashion, I've discovered that luxe trainers are all the rage! Who knew?? Love a flat shoe! I am waiting and waiting for dry spring weather so I can start wearing my January sales Kurt Geiger sneakers - they are to die for!! They are leather so really not ideal for winter...

Kurt Geiger 'Lynx' trainers
I will also show you my pimped Asda trainers with my new Mr Lacy Fatties gold tipped laces... They are synthetic and less expensive so have already been worn despite wet weather! But they still look very cool!

Pimpin' shoe on the left, sad shoe on the right... :)

No comments: