Tuesday 9 February 2016

NOTD: Rococo "Spellbound" Molten Lava + PANCAKES!!


This is another one of the Space.NK bargains I got in the Boxing Day sales. I again had a duff brush on this and had to trim it with scissors!

I did 2 thick-ish coats here topped with Bourjois 3D gel top coat. I see some shrinkage on some nails and I think possibly the polish and the top coat are not very compatible?

But it looks ace nonetheless! Once I'd trimmed the brush the formula was amazingly opaque and smooth to apply. The shimmer is intense outdoors but more subdued in indoor lighting. But it's not one of those annoying 'almost black' colours which is good :) Another bargain that has turned out amazing! Can't wait to try the pink one now.

And today is Pancake Day, so of course I made Swedish pancakes!

Yummy! :)
Swedish Pancakes
2 cups whole milk
1 cup plain flour
1 egg
A blob of Flora Cuisine (or a knob of melted butter)
Pinch of salt

Whisk ingredients together until lump-free and let the batter sit for 15min. This swells the flour properly and means they won't taste of flour! Put a small amount of batter in the pan and swish round so it's very thin. Use a proper pancake pan and a few small blobs of Flora Cuisine to fry them (you will need to hunt a proper pancake pan down, and they're not cheap!). Fry the first side until 'set' on top (should take 30sec or so) then flip the pan to turn it over, Let it cook for 30sec just to brown slightly. I put them in the oven in one of these Le Creuset roasting tins for 5 min to warm through before I serve!

Serve with jam and whipped cream, Swedish style! :)

No comments: