Tuesday 26 April 2016

REVIEW: Rimmel The Only One Lipstick "700 Naughty Nude"

I was never into lipstick until I tried the Clinique Pop Lip lipsticks, which made it into last years Top List. But they have mostly just not been my thing. Then last year I finally 'got' why some obsess about lipstick :)

This is another discovery from last year when I started getting into nude colours and lipstick. I have been wearing this a lot and thought it's definitely time for a review. Rimmel brought these out in an insane range of colours - most were far to vampy or bright to be generally wearable. The only everyday shade is the one I have, "Naughty Nude". It is a darker pinky nude, very similar to MAC "Brave" if you believe the dupe hunting community! It is a 'my lips but better' colour for me and not so nude it makes me look washed out.



It looks good with it's sleek black tube, I especially like the colour coordinated band at the bottom. But then you get a whiff of the scent. I really don't like these types of fake vanilla smells, and this is especially strong! I wish brands would stop perfuming lip products (I'm looking at you as well, Revlon...)

But thankfully it doesn't linger and it doesn't have a taste. The finish is a satin creme, and it feels nice and soft on the lips. As the colour is so close to my natural lip colour, I didn't really experience it being patchy when it wore off. It isn't transfer proof but it does survive a coffee. It doesn't dry my lips out.

Despite the strong smell, I really like this lipstick, but haven't been tempted by any of the other colours simply because they are just not that wearable. 4 out of 5 stars for me; if they dropped the perfume and brought out some more wearable shades it would get another star!

No comments: