Sunday 8 May 2016

REVIEW: L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Dewy Glow Foundation


I have been eagerly awaiting the launch of this in the UK! Cushion foundations, is a k-beauty (Korean beauty) thing. You can get foundations, blush, lip colour, eye colour cushion everything! over there apparently. There's been a number of versions available in the US for some time, but only the Lancome version in the UK. But finally L'Oreal released their cushion foundation in the UK, after launching it probably a couple of years ago in the US. And yet, I can't actually find that much info on it on blogs, so I'm guessing L'Oreal didn't promote this launch much?? I have now seen an advert on YouTube for it, and as of yesterday it appears on their UK website.

Love the pink packaging :) So I cautiously opened it and swatched it on my arm. It looked too dark even though I had swatched it on my hand in the shop and got a match!? Eeek! But I decided that maybe I was just going to try it anyway, and I am glad I did because it turned out to be the right colour on my face...

The foundation comes in 7 shades in the UK, and a bronzer shade too (which I may actually need to try). I have shade '06 Rose Beige'. You are supposed to tap it on using the pad applicator. I will only say this once; eh, no.


Shade 06 Rose Beige
When I road tested this, I used my Beautyblender to dab in the sponge and then work on half my face and my Zoeva 102 Silk Finish brush on the other half. Found that it looked pretty much the same on both sides. I guess you could also use your fingers but I wouldn't keep dipping them into the cushion personally for hygiene reasons...

I wore it for a whole day when I was working at home. I hoovered some before I started work (we had a flooring surveyor come round), did a lot of computer work, went for a run at lunchtime (I didn't wash after, in the name of science), did more computer work and then I cooked and ate a hot curry! I wore this for over 12 hours, and it looked pretty much the same all the time. It isn't strictly transfer proof but it also doesn't disappear unless you wipe it. It disappeared around my nose when I blew my nose.


The finish is as the name suggests 'dewy', very similar finish (but more coverage) to BareMineral Complexion Rescue. The coverage I got is light to medium, but I built it up successfully to a good medium coverage on my cheeks. I do like this foundation a lot! Because of the dewiness of it, I am probably going to use this more in the winter than the summer, or days when I feel more dry and need some dewy radiance.

It does appear to say on the back of the packaging that it contains SPF29 so possibly not ideal if you plan on getting flash photographed a lot, but of course great if you use it as an everyday foundation.

4 out of 5 stars mainly because it has a rather high normal price.

I got this with points in Boots last week; it's currently on introductory price at £9.99 (RRP £14.99) in both Boots and Superdrug. I think for what it is, the RRP is too high - I can't say I would normally want to pay more than £10 for this especially since it only contains 14.9 grams of product.

No comments: