Monday 13 June 2016

REVIEW: Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer and Shine "200 Glow-rious Pink"


No secret I love a tinted lip balm. When I saw these, I thought "oh, maybe it's a bit more like a lipstick, but also a tinted lip balm?".. Then I thought "hang on, these remind me of Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters". And they are pretty much the same - even down to the colours I've bought!! The Revlon may have a smidge more pigmentation as a swatch, but on the lips they look and feel the same. The Revlon range has more colours though.

Left: Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter "090 Sweet Tart"
Right: Rimmel Moisture Renew "200 Glow-rious Pink"
Anyway back to these new Rimmel lipsticks. The range consists of 6 colours in the shops, but there are more colours advertised on the Rimmel website? When I Google these colours it looks like they are sold in Europe only... I first picked up the bright fuschia "Pink rules", but then lowered my ambition and went for "Glow-rious Pink". Glad I did, I think I will get everyday wear out of this as opposed to a brighter lip! This shade is a 'just right' pink nude.

The feel of these is like a rich lip balm. The colour payoff is a strange hybrid of balm and lipstick. The wear time was a moderate 2-3 hours tops but it wears off nice and even and leaves a very slight stain. It's easy to reapply as you don't need to be too precise about it. The formula is nice and moisturising on the lip. In a world with aging matte liquid lipsticks, this is a lipstick I can get on board with! :)

These lipsticks don't have the horrible scent of 'The One Lipstick', thank goodness. I also like that these have a SPF20 :) All and all I think these are great and perfect with a summer tan! These retail for £6.49.

No comments: