Monday 13 October 2008

Hair Detox?

I like to get a bit of a beauty routine detox going spring and autumn. I don't use a tremendous lot of hair product, mostly my fave Tigi BedHead Superstar Thermal Blowdrying Lotion to get that hippie mane more glamourous and a bit of Elnett hair spray on days when I just need to get all that glamourous hair out of my face! But shampoos + conditioners also leave a residue on you hair. So I decided to detox my hair.

I originally intended to get Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo but it was outrageously expensive for something you use once a week (it retails for about £15), so I cheaped out and got Pantene Clarifying shampoo instead (a bargain at £1.89 in Boots). I thought since I don't really use a lot of products maybe this will do the trick. I also got my fave hair mask, John Frieda Frizz-Ease Miraculous Recovery. Then off into the shower! The shampoo really strips your hair - I don't recommend this treatment if you have coloured hair!! It turns squeaky clean. Then I applied the hair mask and left it one while I got on with my shower, for about 3-5 mins. Hair is full of life, shiny as a diamond and frizz-free :) I definitely recommend this detox if your hair is feeling dull and dry, just don't do it if you have coloured hair!

No comments: