Friday 1 April 2011

Shellac - Day 14, and removal!





Today was the day I had my Shellac removed, however little kitty seemed confused as to who was getting their "claws" done!?


I have to admit I am smitten with Shellac! Look at the photo of Day 14, some slight tip wear but it is still vibrant and glossy! The main problem is the re-growth, it's almost a centimeter of new nail... But I am hooked on this concept! I have already booked Claire to come and do my nails in All Lacquered Up's St Patricks Day Shellac Attack green for my trip to The Chelsea Flower Show in May :D The removal takes about 10 minutes of my little pinkies wrapped in the remover wraps and then the dissolved Shellac is gently picked off with an orange stick. And I mean gently. Check my nekkid nails after, no scrapes, nothing! Oh but excuse the crusty cuticles, they still hate me after all the gardening, cycling, art and knitting lately, ahem... The shellac turns kind of crusty and hard and just comes off.



Now I am faced with the dilemma of what my post-Shellac manicure will be??? Maybe this Del Sol colour changing polish?.. Check back tomorrow to see my choice, 'cuz now is cuddle-time with kitten so no more nail polish for today! :)

1 comment:

KarenD said...

Thanks for this! Shellac intrigues me but I haven't tried it yet.