Saturday 5 January 2013

DIY Bride: Complexion Craziness!

So I had the first part of my Bobbi Brown bridal makeup trial today, I did actually enjoy it! I rediscovered the magic of the corrector and concealer from the brand (I actually bought the shades recommended and came home with the exact matches I already had in my stash, so I hope I can exchange them for other products at my second part of the trial on Thursday night). I am still testing the foundation (Moisture Rich in no 3 Beige) so I won't say anything about that yet. The rep girl used the new Brightening Finishing Powder on me in the colour "Brightening Nudes" and I am in love. It comes in a lovely silver mirrored compact which also comes in it's own neoprene sock to protect it :) It's NOT cheap (RRP £40) but I can see myself getting use of this all year! I could see the difference once she had applied it, it just made my eyes pop a bit more! It will be great for photographs.




Please excuse the cheesy photo with the bad hair and eye wrinkles (caused by a lifetime of laughter so I love them), but I had to take it myself as The Man was busy...

Bobbi Brown Bridal Trial Part 1
Bobbi Brown products used:
Corrector: BISQUE
Concealer: BEIGE
Foundation: MOISTURE RICH 'BEIGE NO 3'
Powder: SUNNY BEIGE
Bronzer: MEDIUM
Blusher: SLOPES and NECTAR combo
Lip Balm
Lip Gloss: BRIGHT PINK (most has already been 'eaten' with my Yo! Sushi lunch)

The next part is the eye makeup, brows etc so here all I have on is a bit of Intensifying Long-Wearing Mascara. And it's possibly the worst mascara I've ever worn - 2 hrs after my trial it's falling onto my cheeks and has bled into my crow's feet. Safe to say I won't spend on this product! I have already decided just to go with my old classic Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof!

As  a bonus, here is my MUA Fur-Effect accent nail in "Fluffy Puff"! :) How cool! I can't wait to try the velvet burgundy colour I also got! That polish is L'Oreal Color Riche in 202 - it's one of my potential bridal manicures, but more on that later on in the month...


No comments: