Thursday 25 April 2013

NOTD: Essie "Vanity Fairest" with Shimmer Leopard Print Accent Nails


I am still loving the nude shimmer that is "Vanity Fairest"! :) But a gal needs some jazz as well. I got the new issue of Nail It! magazine today. Couldn't have come home to anything better from being at doctors with a burst ear drum... I caught a cold at the weekend and got myself a nasty ear infection :( So I decided to do a nice mani with some leopard dots in a border (should have just done the whole nail...). I forgot just how much of a shit job it is trying to do these on yourself... Looks half decent on my thumb but I smudged it with top coat, as I think the Color Club liner is getting a bit iffy in it's old age drying wise. No matter. It'll do for going to work tomorrow.

Started off with 1 coat of "Vanity Fairest" on all nails. I then used China Glaze "Outta Bounds" (green), Nails Inc "Hanover Street" (blue) and Depend no 14 (pink) for the dots then skimmed round them with a Colour Club Artliner in black. You will need to let the dots dry for some time (like an hour) before you go over them with a top coat or you WILL smudge them... Looks better far away than close up, but I will need to practice  doing these on myself! It's really easy to do these on someone else but it seems really tricky to get your finger positioned just right to do them on yourself.

No comments: