Wednesday 31 December 2014

Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015!


Happy New 2015 everyone!

Another year gone! I had some great times this year, such as getting the kind of job I wanted when I graduated a long time ago, but also some good holidays and of course, some great nail and beauty stuff! I also celebrated my 6th year of blogging, and posted my 900th post! :)

Below I will give you some of my personal  beauty highlights of the year below, and a top 5 of my most awesome nail polishes this year.

A late discovery this year was Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation - what a cracker! A lot of reviewers say that they are disappointed with the light coverage, for me, that's what I was looking for. Others mention the poor shade selections - for me, again, 52 Vanilla was a near perfect match, but I realise that many will struggle to find a shade to suit them here. But personally I just love everything about this foundation - light, moisturising and makes my skin look great!

Another awesome product this year is Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I tried it once and have never looked back. Despite using it most of the year, I'm only on my second bottle so huge value for money here! I used to use towelettes as a pre-cleanse and would go through at least 5 packs of the No7 ones each year. No more! :)

What else was good? Oh, lets not forget the Vichy Idealia Life Serum! When Soap and Glory revamped their offerings, they changed the formulation of their 'For Daily Youth 6-in-1 moisturising lotion'. Grrrrr!!!! The new version gave me serious acne :( I haven't found a suitable moisturiser yet, but with Vichy Idealia Life Serum, I can now get away with just popping foundation/CC cream over it and off I go :)

And of course, eyebrows. I've become rather obsessed with eyebrows in the last year and I've now become rather hooked on Benefit's Brow Bar offerings and products!

My most outrageous beauty purchase of the year? It has to be Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura's Lip Palette from the Shupette collection... Cats, on beauty products - how can you go wrong?!

Shue Uemura Shupette BonBon Fantasy Lip Trio 'Parisienne Chic'
The cat even has shiny blue eyes like Karl's kitty Choupette :)

Lina-Elvira's Top 5 Nail Polishes
Seventeen Color Carnival "Gold Green Shimmer"
OPI "Green on the Runway"

Nicole by OPI Roughles "Sand in my shoe"

Maybelline Color Show Acid Wash "Mint Acid-ittude" 

Barry M Gelly "Mustard"
 and not forgetting ILNP "Electric Carnival" which I haven't actually worn yet!!

What am I looking forward to in 2015?
  • Wearing more nail polish! 
  • OPI Hawaii collection
  • MUFE (Makeup Forever) arriving at Debenhams!
  • Wearing my first Deborah Lippman nail polish for my birthday - it's "Happy Birthday!" actually!
  • And seeing what new things are coming out in the world of beauty and fashion... 
What are you looking forward to in 2015??

No comments: