Sunday 25 January 2015

NOTD: Barry M Gelly "Prickly Pear"


I got this polish the other day in Boots - it's one of those very rare times when I see something and go 'I need it because I have nothing like that'. I've been drawn to lilac lately, and it is not a colour I have ever had much love for. But after today I will definitely be making this year a 'Lilac Challenge' :)

I am not sure it suits me but it is extremely pretty! As with most pastels this can be tricky to apply - I find that a thickish layer that is left to dry for 5 min followed by another thickish layer usually avoids bald patches and streakiness (depending on the individual polish formula). And it worked for this polish. I topped it with my usual Seche Vite!

I had to Google 'prickly pear' because I don't understand the name?.. It's a cactus with a fruit but it's not like it's lilac? Anyway it doesn't matter because this is a super pretty polish for spring and it has definitely cheered me up for going back to work tomorrow! When looking at this polish I can almost smell my favourite scented flower - the lilac! I can't wait for mine to flower this spring! :)

Happy Factor

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

1 comment:

Cali369 said...

I love the flower lilac too. I have one in my garden but unfortunately had to drastically cut it back late last year so no flowers till next year :-(