Sunday 28 June 2015

NOTD: China Glaze "DV8"


I'm finally over my tonsillitis which refused to leave my body for over a week and a half. And just in time for actual summer to arrive :) It has been sunny and about 20 degrees here all weekend! It feels kind of depressing it's back to work tomorrow, so I chose a radiant manicure to cheer me up!

When the OMG collection came out in 2009 nail geeks went nuts. These are now classed as VHTF and their holo-yness (is that even a word?) has not been matched since. I have the signature colour from this collection, "OMG", and this one, "DV8". If you'd like to wallow in holo-yness please surf on over to this post from Scrangie :)

This is is ONE coat of delicious holo teal. These polishes don't play nice with all base coats - you may need to experiment. I use Seche Clear for fussy polishes such as this one; it dries very shiny and very quickly and you only need a thin coat. Let the base coat dry completely before applying the polish or you might find it drags and leaves bald spots. Don't be tempted to use top coat on holos - top coat tend to scatter the holographic effect.

Holographic polishes such as this one tend to chip quickly I'm afraid. I rarely get to keep it neat for more than a day. But it's all worth it!

Wowser! I still love these so much :) I am off to eBay to see if I can track down some more of the OMG collection...

No comments: