Wednesday 16 December 2015

XMAS NOTD #3: Maybelline "Baby it's gold outside" Limited Edition Nail Polish Set


OK so the Xmas play list is cranked up high in my gaming headset and the decorations are out, even made gingerbread animals yesterday! Crimbo is comin', ya'll!!! :D

I featured this set in one of my recent videos, see below! It is still available in Superdrug today, it's not only 3 for 2 on Maybelline but you also get one of the nail polish duos. Pretty sweet! :) And as you can see, the results are pretty good!


The red shade (called simply "Red") was butter smooth to apply and opaque in 2 coats. Looks amazing just on it's own, and very similar in finish to Nails Inc "Tate". I then slapped on the gold glitter in some kind of gradient fashion. The gold glitter is named "Gold Stunner" and it really is! Some 'placing' was required to get what I wanted but if you just want to use it as a glitter top coat, you don't need to do anything like that. I finished the whole thing with a slick of my Bourjois £D gel top coat but it's not smooth glitter. Suddenly not looking forward to trying to take this off, but who cares... it looks amazing!!! :)

So Xmas is definitely ON! So tide you over til my next Xmas NOTD, here's a shot of this years Xmas jumper purchase and my gingerbread! :)

Xmas jumper from Asda!

Gingerbread animals!

No comments: