Monday 29 August 2016

NOTD: H&M "Scarab"


This is one of the H&M polishes I picked up in Sweden. I took a chance on this one as I am not normally a fan of the 'nearly black' and I must say it's possibly a bit too dark for me. It is a mermaid green/blue shimmer in a very deep navy base.

Please excuse the chip on the ring finger, as acquired last night reaching into my friend's pick and mix bucket too soon after painting... I should've known better. But the Haribo Gold Bears were good!

I did 2 coats here. It's really smooth and forgiving to apply and dries fairly quickly. It's also very pigmented and if I had done thicker coats I may have got away with just 1 coat. I topped it with Sally Hansen MegaShine.

Nice but not my fave H&M polish ("Orchid Bee" anyone?). I feel it's the mild-mannered sister to H&M "Nocturne". And it's quite similar to my old fave Bloom "Bianca" which I love, but not as duochrome or green. Like all the H&M polishes they're available online only in the UK and cost £3.99.

No comments: