Wednesday 5 October 2016

XMAS GIFT GUIDE: Sleek 'Say the magic word' Mini Matte Me Collection


L to R: 'Birthday Suit', 'Rioja Red', Velvet Slipper' and 'Old Hollywood'
Yes indeed, as the Xmas gift sets starts rolling out into shops, I shall be bringing you the very best of the health and beauty gift sets which may actually get you some use beyond Xmas Day :) So no slippers and hot water bottle combos here...

This set from Sleek is available in Boots, and costs £5. You get 4 wearable mini versions of Sleek's popular Matte Me liquid lipstick. In terms of quality and wear time I rate these up there with the NYX Lip Lingerie, and the full size is £4.99 as opposed to £6.50 for the NYX. The arm swatches seem so streaky, I did these over twice to get rid of that but they don't play nice on my arm?? On my lips they didn't look patchy at all!

These are slightly sticky on the lips but I didn't find them drying. They do wear very well.  I found I had to use the Garnier bi-phase micellar water to remove the remains; once it's set, it stays. I even managed to eat chili con carne without too much damage!

In terms of colour, I think everyone can wear these with a bit of attitude! :) The light orangey red "Rioja Red" is super hot; boldly road testing this in the office attracted a lot of interest... Only for the brave and unabashed!! The plummy "Old Hollywood" is lovely if you like a vampy lip. "Birthday Suit" is a perfect everyday pinky nude which is already a staple in my handbag. And if you're into the Kardashian / 90s lips, go for "Velvet Slipper" (I hate that name..).

So for a fiver, I think this is a awesome stocking filler! :)

No comments: